Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Fun has Begun!


Last week, at 10am we got a call that friends had tickets to an Orioles game.  Who doesn't turn down free tickets?!?!  Me, that's who!!!  Remember the last time I went?  We paid $1.50, had nosebleeds, talked with Wojo, got behind the O's dugout!  Sweet!

This time - 12 rows behind homeplate -- yea, baby!  

Look at me!  Before my sunburn.  Note to self: keep sunscreen at the office for last minute calls to fun.

It was amazing how many fans (though not the entire park) actually came for a 1:30p Wednesday game.  Do these people work?!?  Who knows.  But, it was great.  It was especially exciting because the O's were down at 8-3 in the 6th or so.  They hit like crazy to tie the game.  It went into extra innings, yada, yada, yada - they won!!  It was really cool because the game winning 3 run homer was hit by a newly brought up player.  He had struck out his first at bat of the game.  Poor kid was so dejected and the fans were booing him.  It broke my heart.  And then he nailed it!!  Here are same said fans cheering on the victory.  


We stayed to the very end, had fun, got burned, and even made it home in time for Bunco.  It was AWESOME!!! 

This week - only 6 more weeks until camp.  We've got a good number of our Sunday School teachers - thanks for praying - keep at it!  Still needing volunteers for camp, have more kids signing up!  Have signed up to be a recipe tester for America's Test Kitchen (Robin, you might need to check it out!)  And the Johnstons are coming into town this Thursday!  Wooooweeee!  Sure to be one whole week of fun.  Oh, and my nephew graduates from High School.  One already graduated from College last month.  Must write about that soon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm jealous--American Test Kitchen! I love that guy!

Debby Sutton said...

A- I love that you are impressed with my testing of recipes! Will keep you posted on my discoveries!