Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fruit stands -- more than one variety

I have always loved going to fruit stands.  If there is one on the side of the road, it just pulls me towards it.  The smell of the fresh air, the beauty of the sweet treats, the desire to have that sugary natural syrup drip down my arm makes me purchase probably way more than I should.  But, I can't help it.

More enticing than a fruit stand is a you-pick farm.  For a city girl, it brings out the inner farmer from my soul and causes me to think about those days long ago when everyone picked their own fruits and veggies.  I might need to invest in a Little House on the Prairie!  The pull is so great that I'm going tomorrow to pick blueberries.  Nothing says 4th of July than a fresh blueberry crisp.  Seriously.

Yesterday, I went to a different kind of fruit stand.  I went to The Mall -- that's what it's called.  Don't pull one over on Maryland.  No, no -- it only has the best.  Your mall might think it's cool, but "The Mall" is up here.  Sorry to inform you of that limitation your current shopping center has.  I digress.  I went shopping at the mall and found a bright shining type of fruit stand.  There were things on the walls, in the middle of the stand and these odd people in orange or teal shirts.  And to shop at this stand, I needed an appointment.  

Not sure if you could guess it yet, but I got to purchase a MacBook yesterday for work!!  And I got them to throw in a free iPod.  That's right, I totally have refused to fall into the trap of paying for a miniature boombox and have acquired one for free!!!  Take that Madison Avenue. 

I do love fruits stands and fresh veggies.  Yesterday, my neighbor had harvested potatoes and onions from her garden and generously shared some new potatoes with me.  MmmmmmMmm.  Good!  Roasted them with some red onions and generous Italian seasonings.  Nothing tastes better than truly fresh delicacies.  And a brand new computer!  HeeHee!

Must tell you tomorrow about my fun trip to DC and hanging out with the Cardinali's!

2 comments:

Scribbling Suit said...

Hey, I made your list! Yum, now I want fresh peach pie or blueberry cobbler.

jennifer said...

SOunds like you might be a country girl after all! Now just add the quilting and doing your laundry by hand and hanging on the line and you'll be all set. The BOBO had a birthday bash yesterday including the chica arriving on greyhound!! Lots of fun including tubs of Jerimiah's ! Hey put Jen's purse blog on your list. Sold 3 yesterday!

mags