Monday, July 14, 2008

where I travel

Alright, I'll put up some pictures of the places that I travel, live, exist -- just give me a moment.  I don't always remember to bring my camera with me.  And when I do bring it, I forget I have it.  Oops!!

On my way to work this AM I realized I could take very daring shots of the roads I travel.  I go up and down hills, alot.  And most days, I don't come upon anyone for about 20 minutes.  I love driving these roads.  The endless lining of trees creates a feeling of wonderment -- could this be the turn which brings me to my next road?  Not generally, but I can hope!  Or, could there be a little store that I might want to visit?  Ok, so while on the way to work, this doesn't happen.  While traveling from the farmer's market - where I can purchase locally raised organic meat! - it happened.

I had visited the library - got the book club read "All Creatures Great and Small" even though they are meeting on Friday.  I stopped at 3 markets for food and was traveling home.  I knew the road I was going to take brought me past Carolyn Orchards that had to die for Ranier Cherries.  I sadly had forgotten that it also past by Hoffman's Ice Cream.  I whipped right into the parking lot upon seeing their sign.  As an ice cream maker, I get a little picky -- this was awesome!!!  Smooth, creamy, going to melt fast without any preservatives.  I had Peach.  Delish!!!  When you visit me, we'll have to make a trip!  Check them out here:  www.hoffmansicecream.com

Here's another photo of roads much travelled these days.  Just think what they'll look like in the fall.  I can't wait.  

Will get photos of my cottage up once I get it situated. I'm a little bit prideful regardless of what Lauren Winner says in Mudhouse Sabbath.



3 comments:

Scribbling Suit said...

Thank you! I'm making peach ice cream next week with my mom. YUM!

jaxdagger said...

When we lived in MA, there was a similar ice cream shop a couple towns from us. It was made from an old barn with the dairy farm right next to it. So you knew where the cream came from. It was a special day when we headed that way.

Anonymous said...

Next time pull over the side of the road and take a picture. DO NOT take one while you are driving again or you will have to move back to Florida. Do you understand me young lady. GOOD.