Monday, August 18, 2008

For the Ladies - notes on being sexy

Dear Friends,

While in Maryland, I have taken it upon myself to keep you informed on the latest trends, the hippest ventures, the things you need to know. And today, I bring to you some of the most important news I've found: how to be super sexy. How? you might ask did Debby find such radical items of information? I'll tell you ...

Last night I got to head into DC for a concert at The Birchmere . (that's right, i've added links -- clink on the underlined words to get to their links.) It was awesome. We headed down for the evening, had drinks and dinner there before the show. We got there so early that we were at the front table -- right in front of the band. I could throw my napkin at the stage and hit the lead singer. That close! We first saw Phil Roy. He has some incredible lyrics. Poignant, impacting, real.

Then we got to hear the main event - Melody Gardot. A jazz singer, she came out and blew us away. She starts with a blues number for all jazz comes from the blues. She then brings out the band and lets "Aint no Sunshine" pulse through the hall ... I know, I Know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know ... you know that one. Hauntingly lovely.

And here's where the lesson began to unvail itself. She was sitting on this little stool, balanced like nobody's business and looking all hot with her bad self and my friend Sundee leans to me and says, "Does she practice being that sexy or is it just natural?"

You have to wonder about these things. And I figure I could learn somethings from this chick - so I started to take notes. Here's what I observed regarding her skills of sexiness. The other girls at the table assisted in creating the 12 ways we noted on how to be super sexy.

Here goes:

1. Drink Cognac -- with a sniffer and all, she sipped that glass throughout the night. It can't hurt to help keep the vocal cords working. VT -- might be a good idea at Christmas with the real trees in the gym. It looks like Apple Juice. Just a thought.

2. Beret -- Melody pulled off this purply backwards beret. You can pull off a killer hat? Sexy.

3. Flippy hair -- flip it back now!

4. Perky set of girls -- you know what I mean.

5. 5" Stilettos -- patent leather black -- and she took them off to play the piano -- seriously.

6. Hip huggin' skirt

7. Shimmery lip gloss -- that stuff didn't budge the entire set.

8. 4 boys - her back up band was awesome, and they were her boys. I really think this might be the most important piece of info.

9. Piano & guitar playing a must - would a violin work instead? I really don't think so.

10. Big silver ring on pointer finger -- which she bought for herself.

11. Sexy voice

12. Lighting -- if only I could have that lighting crew follow me around during my outings.

I know, this might seem impossible. But, I really think we can obtain these heights in our every day life. We did wait in line to ask Melody if she had anything to add to our list. She thought it was very funny and she's going to post it on her blog! One of her friends was at the table, and as he looked over the list he stated, "Melody, you have the coolest fans!"

Make that Super Sexy Coolest fans to you!!!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

hmmmm.... not a big fan of cognac... would starbucks work if I used a snifter?

patti said...

I totally understand the lipstick stuff, being a lipstick lover!! And as for the girls...lets just say they have gotten me out of more than one traffic ticket! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

I bet Melody doesn't eat fried oreos!! Miss you friend.

Debby Sutton said...

Amy - I have to differ with you - she has a video posted where she shows how to eat a cookie in one bite! Quoting her grandmother, "You will get many men if you can eat a cookie in one bite." I might just have to add that to the list!
miss you too, wish I could see that sweet baby!
debby

Goes On Runs said...

you mean to tell me that wearing the same jeans three days in a row; a white tee shirt with oatmeal from breakfast, peanut butter from lunch and splattered oil from dinner; and my hair in a FOUR day old pony tail is NOT the definition of sexy.... whatev!

Unknown said...

I stand corrected...and amused :)