Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 -- what a way to start a year!

Here goes -- the first post of 2009 ---

GOOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!

How cool was that game last night!?! I'm so excited and am trying to keep my obnoxious "booya's!" to a minimum. I almost went into the office today just to taunt people. But, I'll refrain my eagerness and keep the celebration to a minimum .... all building up for Sunday when I kick open the door at church and taunt all the Ravens fans who might or might not win tomorrow.

This past week I was in Nashville for a Children's Pastors Conference. It was our first real break from ministry since the Summer. Mind you, we continued taking emails, writing curriculum, planning activies, but it was an overall beneficial time. Did get to learn a great bit about writing curriculum and story telling for kiddos. I have to remind myself that I don't have to implement all the ideas right away, but can slowly begin to incorporate them into my plans.

I also learned some stuff about kids and service projects. Our church's motto is "Healing, Renewal and Peace." So, we can realize that we've obtained healing and renewal from Jesus and that he provides peace. But, our peace isn't complete unless all around us are in peace with God, the world and others. My question has been, "How do our kids project and create situations of healing, renewal and peace?" Hopefully these lessons learned will provide guidance for the ministry.

But, the super fun of the week long adventure was getting to see my old friends A & T with their little ones. A and I were little ones together in the nursery down in South Fl. We then went through all grades at the same school. T came to our school in Middle School and we've all grown up together. It's so odd to see friends from so long ago here with their own 3 and almost 2 year old. We all "wandered" - the kids ran - around the Gaylord Opryland Resort -- in which each room has their own zip code. It was just a thrill to see them. Will post pictures ASAP!

Alright, dear reader, I'm off to Costco. I've not been for about 2 months -- I know, tragedy in its own merit. But, a sale is to be had. Oh, other sale news -- check this one out for envy value:

From Talbots outlet for a total of $67
4 Merino Wood layering sweaters -- they can be washed in the machine!!!
1 Pima Cotton Pink longsleeve shirt
1 Red silk cardigan with lace at the bottom
1 Royal blue with sequins and beading cocktail dress -- HELLO!! Orginially $200 got it for $15!!!

Yowzers! Top that!

Oh, GOOOOOO GATORS!!! Gator Nation!

1 comment:

patti said...

Im impressed...good shopping DS!!