Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Day. Big DAY!

Only have 10 minutes to type as we are getting out early today. That's because it's snowing!!! I know, how terribly exciting!


So, there is so much to be said. I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I think I always get this way after the holidays and the New Year. I can't make resolutions with the fear of failure. But, I do think about what resolutions I'd make. Also, I come to grips with the reality that it's another year and I'm still single. Most days I don't mind, but every now and then it creeps up on me and I ponder what is going on. I'm doing alright at the moment and constantly remind myself that I'm right where God wants me to be. And am learning to be OK where he wants me to be!

Tomorrow is the Inauguration of our 44th President. It's big -- especially up here. Had thought about going, but it's going to be crazy. Loads of people, way too much traffic and lots of chaos. Oh, and it's cold. On Saturday it was 3 degrees in the morning. Yeowzers! I went to IKEA anyways. I'm that dedicated. I'll be honest, regarding Obama, I'm a bit scared. I don't know where our country will go, I don't know what plans he really has for change. I hope my fears are unfounded and don't actualize. I am praying for God's continual leadership and protection for our by Tuesday, Jan 20, 12pm President. And again, I'm reminded that he's just where God wants him, and our country, to be.

My job is going along smoothly, but I think I need to shake it up a bit. Try some new things, take some risks, enact more change. It is scary, and I don't like doing it, but I must. I must put myself out there and really have some confidence that I can take chances. I can provide opportunities for the kids to do big things and make a difference in our world. Will keep you posted on those plans.


Did I mention it's snowing?!?! Next time, will give a shout out to my Xmas fun. I haven't reported on it, but it was great!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Debby, I just love you. I want to get together the next time you come. (sorry to have been away when you came in December!!)

Vicki said...

Debby, I just love you! Next time you're here, we need a little Debby/Vicki time! I'm sorry I was away when you came in December.

patti said...

Beautiful, funny, exuberant, joyful you...MUAH