Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Perils of Clubbing


Let me just say, this is not about me. But, it made me laugh so hard that I had to let the poor souls involved that it would be posted! Here goes....

A sweet girl of 19 has recently returned to Orlando from her first year of college. As most soon to be college sophomores like to do, she and her friends decided to hit a club on ladies night! Woooooweeee, nothing but fun happens at a club on ladies night. NOTHING.

So, Sally heads to the club. She's dancing with the girls and hangin' out. You know how it goes. And some guys start hitting on them. No big deal, innocent flirting going on. Then it got a little weird.

This guy comes up to her and starts telling her all about his life. He's just moved back home to be with his big family. He can't wait to spend more time with his nephews and nieces. He is looking for a job -- can't really find one, but it'll come. Yada, yada, yada.

And all the while Sally is thinking, "This guy looks just like Dr. John. How is this possible? My mom is going to laugh like there is no tomorrow when I tell her this guy hitting on me looks like Dr. John." It's like a clone is talking to her. And as that creeped her out more and more, something hit her.

"You're a Gammichia, aren't you?" she blurts out having put 2 and 2 together: the large Italian family, the growing up in AltSpgs, the brother moving back into town.

"What? Did I say my last name?" he ponders.

"I babysit your niece and nephews. I know your family."

And then the kicker -- "Oh, yeah," he realizes, "I've seen your picture on John's refrigerator!"

SWEET!!!! That makes me laugh every time!

So, he asks her to dance, and she leaves out the back door.

Priceless. I love it!

4 comments:

patti said...

BWHAHAhahahahahhaha! BWHAHahahahhah! Oh for lands sake!! That is HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

"sally" could not bring herself to dance with dr john but that didnt keep brother from trying to get her number from hilda the next day lol

Debby Sutton said...

It just keeps getting better!!

gatordmd said...

I resemble that remark.
Dr. John