Thursday, July 31, 2008

slacker - dfn. debby's posting

I know - I haven't written anything lately, but I'm fearful I wrote too long last week.  I wanted to keep the posts brief, but there was a lot on my mind!

Have had an adventurous week -- saw Mamma Mia, went to a garden, made a lemon pie, a peach cobbler, went to a pool party, and had people over.  Had dinner with my brother David in Bethesda, lunch with new friends Ann Marie and Mary Kay at Tio Pepe's Spanish Restaurant in downtown Baltimore, and enjoyed a tea party.  And I went to the Carroll County 4-H fair to see pigs, goats, cows, sheep, and chickens.  Then I rented 10 movies from the library and have already watched 5 since 7/26.  Seriously people, I've got a lot going on!

So, here are some pics to enjoy of the above mentioned activities:

My brother, David, holding up one of our crabs at the Bethesda Crab House.

A fountain at the Ladew Topiary Gardens.

From the Fountain of Venus - the focal point of the garden -- that's a house way in the back.

Ok, if you look closely you can see the pears growing on the manipulated tree.  
How cool is that?!

These are pigs.  Big pigs, winning pigs.  
And at times -- pooping pigs.  Right in front of me!!!

3 comments:

patti said...

Girl....you BUSY! I love how you said, "new friends" I swear who would not LOVE LOVE LOVE To be your friend! The fair...ahhhh gotta love it, I can smell thelivestock already

jaxdagger said...

Dave's got a goatee? He didn't have that in May!! He looks like one of those liberal arts professors at UF.

Vicki said...

Think I mispelled your glorious name on my comment earlier... so sorry!

Vikkkeeee