Friday, October 10, 2008

My abode

The blogging natives are getting restless, so I'm posting some pics of my home.

Here is the property I live in as I turn into my driveway. I live in that house in the back, behind the trees. If you look closely you can see my car tucked behind the barn.


Pumpkins and gourds I got fresh from the farms! The big green one is called a "Swan Gourd" and I love it!

Here is some of my fall decor. My mom came to visit last weekend, so I figured I needed to get things set up.

Yesterday, I needed to take a break, so I stayed home and did some Debby fun -- went to Michael's, to Chick-fil-A (with my coupons!), to Baughers -- a farm where I got the little gourds, and found a woman's farm selling the swan gourds and big pumpkins. She was from Denmark. We had a great conversation about the purpose of church, how we need to be real in the midst of people, and about loving other people. I'm having these types of conversations with so many people up here. They can't believe that I work for a church and that I'd move up here just for a job. But, they are giving me great confirmation as to following where God has taken me. I keep hearing, "With your personality, it's a great fit." I knew that before, but I always thought it was either just in my head, or a slight side benefit. God is good -- changing this heart all the time!

Here is a video of the chickens at my house. And, while I pronounce it wrong a couple of times, the rooster has hackles. I've found my synapses are not firing on all cylinders these days. Am going in for a blood test ASAP -- seriously, I'm not running as normal. Enjoy the chickens!

5 comments:

Nathan Smith said...

Only you would write a post about Chick-fil-A and then add a video of chickens in your yard. Hilarious! I had no idea there were that many wandering around your place. I've loved reading how things are going! Hope to talk to you again soon.
Nathan

Anonymous said...

EET MOR CHIKN! Too funny! Thanks for the pics. That swan gourd is way cool! I guess I need to unearth my Publix Pilgrims too.

Anonymous said...

I loved the rooster that named Jack. Jack the rooster was the funniest and hilarious of all. I miss you very much that I think I want to see your chickens. Do you think the hilarious and funniest and craziest "Jack" has never seen I think it is hilarious very much. I am having blast at my house. The GATORS are winning!!!!!!!!

Katie

(Donna - we enjoyed the video very much, we look forward to more later, it was nice to hear your voice.)

Anonymous said...

Are you going to post pictures of your carved pumpkin?

Anonymous said...

Tyson is NOT a chicken! oops... now his HACKLES are puffed up!