Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Signs of fall and other things

Enjoy a few pictures I've taken ....


Some mums that were planted to supplement my previous post. This is only a medium sized one at about 2 feet across.


I was out walking the other day because the lovely roosters were having a crow-off outside my windows at 3pm on Sunday. Guess who didn't get a nap on Sunday?!?! Yeah! ME! That might explain why I'm so punchy this week. Hmmmm, must fit one in soon. Anywho, I went for a walk along the streets I live near. Lined with horse farms, the landscape is beautiful and full of horses just waiting for the paparazzi... that's me! This horse came right up the fence and just stood there until my photos were completed. How kind!

I live on the northern end of a resevior and this is the along my way to work. I had to stop, trapse down the bank and take some photos. I've been told this is only the beginning of the leaves changing color. Will keep you updated!


We are having a mouse problem here at church. We are in the country and as it gets cold mice need somewhere to stay as well as easily find food. So they come into our building. As we strive to bring peace to our neighborhoods, I found it only right and good to provide somewhere for the mice to stay....


I hear there are plans for even larger spaces for the mice to congregate: a village, a condo, perhaps with a security guard. Maggie, send up the sponges, they need some help cleaning!!!

5 comments:

Goes On Runs said...

what are you doing for turkey day up here on the east coast?

Anonymous said...

Will they be a PCA mission

patti said...

OH MY LANDS...im soo jealous of you and the cool weather and beautiful leaves! I know you are loving it. Mouse house...hilarious!!!

patti said...

Im so jealous!!!
Mouse house = hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I think you are going to love the FALL. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.