Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Down for the count

I've been sick. I know, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. But, I'm really sick this time. I've got the cold of death. The congestion, the sneezing, the aches, the pains, the need for more sleep and lack thereof, and the reality that I have too much to do is settling in for the winter!!!

Last week, while off for Thanksgiving, I got to orchestrate the Christmas Decorating at CPC. I know, I should have been sleeping. But, I was here, at work, not off, during my vacation!!! ARGH. It does look nice. But, after decorating 7 trees, I don't think I'm going to do my own. And I love my ornament vomited Christmas tree. It is pretty and festive. And sometimes, just to be happy, I bring down my ornament box early just to look at all my pretty ones. I know, it is a little bit odd... but those little things are often needed to put the smile on your face.

On Thanksgiving, my co-worker/friend Erin and I headed on a tour de force of Thanksgiving dinners. I started at my friend Sundee's house, eating b-fast and helping cut up the crudites. (I'm in an odd/big word mood, use a dictionary if needed!) As they began to eat at 1:45, I was waiting for Erin to arrive for our next stop. But, I got really sleepy and the cold started to take a drowsy grip on my body. I headed home for a nap -- before any turkey was consummed! Erin came to my house as I napped and did my dishes. She needed some cathartic therapy and doing the dishes helps. HELLO!!!! Any time anyone needs to relieve stress by doing dishes -- you call me up and I will help you with that!!!

We headed to house #2 and enjoyed homemade Kahlua -- getting that recipe to share! They were so kind and graciuos to hear our silly stories and feed us delish food. Off to house #3 by 5pm. At AM's house, we enjoyed the spread of spreads - for 8 of us, there was enough food for 15 -- at least! I had made Sweet Potato Casserole (Senator Russells for those in the know) and sweet potatoes with marshmallows. The one with the pecans won out! It was all so good, but having eaten at 3:30 at #2, eating at 5:30 at #3 was a bit much. Howdy, heartburn! Pleased to meet you! To fill out the evening, we headed back to Sundee's for the post indulgence drink and dessert. It was such fun.

Now, I'm in death throws concerning this cold and our upcoming play. We're performing the Christmas Schooner -- a musical about the tradition of Christmas trees coming to America. It's really fun, really good, but really hard work. I totally forgot how much work goes into these productions. But, I get to get a bamboozler, so what more in life is there? I asked the director, "Am I basically the 'Master of House' character for the play?" Yes I am!!!! How cool is that!?!?

Alright -- off to have the school nurse take my temperture -- too concerned it's turning for the worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Debby stories. Feel better, friend.