Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And We're Back

I'm not really enjoying this Winter stuff anymore.  
I mean, could we have just 1 week of sunshine one of these days?  Last week we had 3 days, it was glorious!  Sadly, it's back to cloudy now.  And the groundhog has pronounced 6 more weeks of winter.  In Florida, I couldn't care less .... up here?  I'm crying myself to sleep on my huge pillow.  See, here's my car, the ice-cube.  Which took 1 hour to recover.

In the midst of the sunshine I ventured to DC on Saturday -- it was awesome!  I took some kids I know and we had a great time.  N took loads of pics on my camera, but I've left it at home today.  Pictures will be posted ASAP.

The big news up here is that we have a new library.  Oooooo -- new books, videos, checkout system.  All kinds of fun stuff.  As I looking for a cool book on tape (trying to find something other than my Jane Austen standards) I saw a CD available .....


I know -- "Al Gore, the Ass" -- It makes me laugh every time!!!  

Speaking of making me laugh.... is this not the ugliest doll you've ever seen?  A little friend of mine -- Julianna, calls it "boy".  She lovingly plays with it and enjoys dressing it up, but c'mon!  I do mimic the look with my crazy hair and bugeyed look.  It's quite fashionable!


I'm becoming more and more aware of the need for grace in my world -- with myself and others -- whether I need to apologize or to just admit I need help.  To acknowledge my need for Christ in each and every aspect of my life ... it's a hard claim to make in the midst of our world.  Oh, but so true.  But, God is good and sticks to his promises, and even when I'm not faithful, he so graciously is.

Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!  

No comments: